You may come across a time where an employee's manager will change.
There are 2 options for doing this
1) Changing the manager of individual employees
2) Changing the entire team of 1 manager to a new manager, for example if you were to have a manager leave and you want to change in bulk and not one by one.
1) To change an individual manager of an employee please go into
People > Employee > Change
You will see the option to select an alternative manager from the list
2) Changing the entire team of 1 manager to a new manager. To do this please go to
Admin > Company > Manager Change
You will then be presented with the below page
Change - You can select to bulk change manager and/ or approver
Current Manager - This is where you would select the manager/ approver you wish to change from
Current employees - Here you would either select all or just specific employees you wish to change
New Manager - You will select here the new manager and/ or approver.
When you click on submit, this will action the change
What if the manager is not appearing in the drop down list?
If the manager is not appearing in either of the above cases. There are 2 places you will need to check
1) The user group of the individual
2) The job role being a "Manager Level"
1) To check this please go to
People > Users > Filter by the manager > click edit > an ensure the job level is a manager level
2) To check the job role, please go to
Admin > HR > Data Management > Job Role
You will be present with a table like the below. You will need to find the job role of that manager. If it shows under "Manager Level" No, this will be the reason why.
To edit this, please click the pencil icon to edit the job role.
When you have edited the job role, you will be taken to this page
Please be sure to tick Manager Level.
When you then go back to try either of the above processes, the manager in question should appear in the drop down list