When printing the employee file, we recommend that you Export the employee card as an image using the Export button on the employee card screen rather than printing directly from a browser.
This is due to some browser printing interfaces not maintaining the format structure of the employee card when printing directly.
If you do need to print the card directly from the browser, it is best to print in landscape as opposed to portrait due to the width of some of the data fields.
Additionally, by default, most browsers do not enable the printing of background colours and images so to ensure that the backgrounds of the headers etc print properly you will need to turn this feature on.
To turn on:
- Chrome - tick "Background colour and images" in print dialog
- IE - File, Page Setup and then tick "Print Background Colours and Images"
- Firefox - Firefox button, Print, Page Setup, Format and Options and then tick "Print Background (colours and images)" under "Options"
- Safari - On the "Format & Options" tab, under Options, select "Print background" (colours & images). Click "OK". On the File menu, click "Print". On the "Copies & Pages" pop-up menu, click "Safari".
Finally, by default, browsers tend to print headers and footers which displays the page name, date, URL and so on on the page and, as a result, this is printed as well. To turn this off:
- Chrome - Untick "Headers and footers" in print dialog
- IE - File, Page Setup and then use the drop downs as the bottom of the window to control what is and is not displayed (set all to empty for nothing to be displayed)
- Firefox - Firefox button, Print, Page Setup, Margins and Header/Footer and then at the bottom of the window use the drop downs to control what is shown (set all to be blank for nothing to be shown
- Safari - Locate the "Show Details" or "Hide Details" button in the File menu. Untick the "Print headers and footers" checkbox