Within Natural HR, return to work forms can be created using our form builder, return to work forms can then be automatically published out to line managers for them to complete following a period of sickness absence to ensure that the employee is fit to return to work.
Setting up a return to work
You will first need to create your return to work form to do this, you will need to be logged in as an administrator-level user and go to Administration > Company > Form builder.
Select the green 'Add' icon below the table to add a new form.
You will then be asked to fill in the Information relating to your return to work form. At minimum, all of the fields marked with a * will need to be completed.
You must also ensure to select "Return to Work" within the Form Type dropdown list
Once this has been submitted, this will open the form builder where you can start adding fields.
Field display label - this is the text you wish to show on the screen on your form
Database field name - this is the name for the field in the database. This value must be unique and can only contain letters, numbers and underscore and may only start with a letter - spaces are not permitted. For example, employee_name is a valid name but employee name is not. If you enter an invalid value it will show an error when you add the field. Once the field is added this value cannot be changed.
Field description - this is text you can display as a tool tip icon on the form to help people understand how to fill in the field (the question mark in the green square)
Mandatory - if you choose yes the form will not be able to be submitted unless there is a value in the field
Field type - there are 20 options which you can choose for the field type. These are:
- Text box - a standard single line text box (like Field display label)
- Text area - a multi line text box (like Field description)
- Date Field - A date picker field
- Select dropdown - a dropdown list populated with custom values (like Field type)
- Radio boxes - a list of custom choices where only one can be chosen
- HTML - any text which you wish to appear on the form like headings or additional instructions
- Heading - Text which can be used as a heading for your forms
- Section Start - Separate your form into sections (defines the start of the section)
- Section End - Separate your form into sections (defines the end of the section)
- 9 box grid Performance - a dropdown list populated with Low, Moderate and High which is used to populate the performance element of the 9 box grid
- 9 box grid Potential - a dropdown list populated with Low, Moderate and High which is used to populate the Potential element of the 9 box grid
- Employee list - a dynamic dropdown list of all of your current, active employees
- Manager list - a dynamic dropdown list of all of your current, active mangers
- Yes and No - a dropdown list pre-populated with Yes and No
- 1 to 10 - a dropdown list pre-populated with numbers 1 to 10
- 1 to 5 - a dropdown list pre-populated with numbers 1 to 5
- Score 1 to 10 - a dropdown list populated with numbers 1 to 10, used specifically for scoring purposes
- Score 1 to 5 - a dropdown lost populated with numbers 1 to 5 used specifically for scoring purposes.
- Employee Completed - a yes or no field which marks whether or not an employee has completed this specific form.
- Completed - a yes or no field which marks whether or not the form has been completed overall. Selecting yes in this field will lock down the form and mark it as complete indefinitely.
Once you have added the different fields to your form - select the green 'Finish building form' button.
Enabling your return to work form
To enable the form and set it to run automatically, you will need to tell the system that this is the form which you would like to use.
You will need to go to Administration > Company > Settings > Timeoff settings (Global) where down towards the bottom of the page under the "Absence Settings" section you will need to select your chosen form within the "return to work field".
You will then need to submit this change at the bottom of the page.
As a final step, you will need to select which time off type requires a return to work form.
You will need to go to Administration > HR > time off management > time off types.
From here, you can either add a new time off type using the 'Add' button at the bottom or edit an existing time off type using the 'Pencil', edit icon beneath "actions" in the table.
Once inside either screen, you will need to set the return to work field to 'Yes' and select submit.
Your return to work form will now be activated and ready to use.
Completing a Return to work form.
Once an instance of time off has been added to your selected time off type, an item will appear in the workflow to show that a return to work form for this employee needs to be completed.
Once you click through the item on the workflow, the fields from your created form will be displayed beneath the details of this instance of absence.