Using the form builder within Natural HR, there is the ability to create training feedback forms which can be used to gather the thoughts of employees once they have attended a training course.
The feedback forms can be electronically published automatically out to employees once a course has been completed.
How to create a training feedback form
You will first need to open the form builder by going to Administration > Company > Form Builder - you will then need to select 'Add' below the table to add a new form form.
You will then be asked to input the information relating to your new form. As a minimum, you will need to input a name for the form, select Training feedback from the form type list and make sure that any fields marked with the * are completed.
Once this is submitted, you will be taken through to the form builder to start adding fields to the feedback form.
The passage below will define each of the fields and field types to help you to build your form successfully:
Field display label - this is the text you wish to show on the screen on your form
Database field name - this is the name for the field in the database. This value must be unique and can only contain letters, numbers and underscore and may only start with a letter - spaces are not permitted. For example, employee_name is a valid name but employee name is not. If you enter an invalid value it will show an error when you add the field. Once the field is added this value cannot be changed.
Field description - this is text you can display as a tool tip icon on the form to help people understand how to fill in the field (the question mark in the green square)
Mandatory - if you choose yes the form will not be able to be submitted unless there is a value in the field
Field type - there are 20 options which you can choose for the field type. These are:
- Text box - a standard single line text box (like Field display label)
- Text area - a multi line text box (like Field description)
- Date Field - A date picker field
- Select dropdown - a dropdown list populated with custom values (like Field type)
- Radio boxes - a list of custom choices where only one can be chosen
- HTML - any text which you wish to appear on the form like headings or additional instructions
- Heading - Text which can be used as a heading for your forms
- Section Start - Separate your form into sections (defines the start of the section)
- Section End - Separate your form into sections (defines the end of the section)
- 9 box grid Performance - a dropdown list populated with Low, Moderate and High which is used to populate the performance element of the 9 box grid
- 9 box grid Potential - a dropdown list populated with Low, Moderate and High which is used to populate the Potential element of the 9 box grid
- Employee list - a dynamic dropdown list of all of your current, active employees
- Manager list - a dynamic dropdown list of all of your current, active mangers
- Yes and No - a dropdown list pre-populated with Yes and No
- 1 to 10 - a dropdown list pre-populated with numbers 1 to 10
- 1 to 5 - a dropdown list pre-populated with numbers 1 to 5
- Score 1 to 10 - a dropdown list populated with numbers 1 to 10, used specifically for scoring purposes
- Score 1 to 5 - a dropdown lost populated with numbers 1 to 5 used specifically for scoring purposes.
- Employee Completed - a yes or no field which marks whether or not an employee has completed this specific form.
- Completed - a yes or no field which marks whether or not the form has been completed overall. Selecting yes in this field will lock down the form and mark it as complete indefinitely.
Once all of your form fields have been added to the form, select 'Finish Building Form'.
How to enable your training feedback form
Firstly, you will need to define in the system which training feedback form you would like to use. To do this go to Administration > Company > Settings > Company Settings where under the 'Self-Service' section, you will see a field called "Training feedback form" - you will need to select your form from this list. - You will then need to submit this change at the bottom of the page.
Requesting training feedback
When adding a training record to the system, you will notice a field entitled "Request training feedback" - you will need to set this field to 'Yes' to publish the feedback form to employees.